A Novel Idea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Bookwyrm5000
Bookwyrm5000
Admin

American Gods (no spoilers) Empty American Gods (no spoilers)

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:56 pm
American Gods, a 2001 novel by the British author and all-around-good-guy Neil Gaiman is something that's personally been on my list since my friend Spencer once got me to read Good Omens by him and his now deceased man-crush, SIR Terry Pratchett. Fun fact? Neil Gaiman sent the wife and I some signed artwork for a wedding present because we just straight up asked him (and told him we loved him).

The novel (shorter than our first selection), is a blend of Americana, fantasy, and mythology all centering around the main character "Shadow," the ex-con whose world was rocked with terrible news, just days before his release. He gets pulled into a road trip for someone named "Mr. Wednesday." Let's be honest, if anyone has a name like that, they might as well have a Transformers symbol tattooed on their forehead because there's going to be more than meets the eye. While our first novel was very, painfully, British, Gaiman writes something that reviewers call "the essence of America" and a synthesis of "mystery, satire, sex, horror, and poetic prose."

Let's do it.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum