A Novel Idea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introductions

+3
Bookwyrm5000
JerahD
LizD
7 posters
Go down
LizD
LizD
Admin
https://anovelidea.forumotion.com

Introductions Empty Introductions

Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:01 pm
Hi! My name is Elizabeth Dolence (nee Loch) and I go by Liz.
I went to Two Harbors High School and then St. Cloud State University. I earned a degree in Communication Arts & Literature (English Education) which I am not using. Instead I make far too little as a Data Entry clerk for a manufacturing company. Data entry leaves me a lot of free brain time that I usually fill with podcasts. My favorites are The Dollop and My Favorite Murder, I have also listened to all of Serial , S Town, and In The Dark, among others. I also enjoy writing. I often participate in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) where participants write a 50.000 word work of literature in the month of November. I have successfully completed it several times and will serve as my areas Municipal Liaison this year.  My other main hobby is cross stitching, though I offset the old lady aspect by cross stitching swear words and other slightly unsavory sayings from My Favorite Murder.

Oh and I love to read!!! I am excited.
JerahD
JerahD

Introductions Empty Re: Introductions

Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:13 am
Hello, my name is Jerah Doxtator.

I went to West De Pere High School right outside of Green Bay, WI then attended college at UW Eau Claire. I have an unfinished degree in Music Education that I may or may not ever finish. I had a crazy last couple of months and am about to begin my journey as a semi-nomadic Native American Music educator.

I enjoy music, collectible card games (a la Magic: the Gathering), reading, podcasts and random nature adventures.

I primarily read loads of Sci-Fi/Fantasy but also enjoy anything to do with Indigenous Culture and I'll dabble in other genres if the writing is solid and the characters are engaging.
Bookwyrm5000
Bookwyrm5000
Admin

Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:52 am
Hey I'm Stephen, I'm LizD's husband. I'm here to help out mostly, but I will be participating as well.
I actually have fallen off the reading bandwagon since once upon a time I was a teacher and it was a bit painful to read after that, but I'm getting back into it now and am hoping that this helps with that. Otherwise, I play lots of video games, watch movies, live on Youtube, and pretty much am a walking encyclopedia for weird knowledge and all things geek related.
When I do read, it's normally in the sci-fi or fantasy genre, but I have been known to dabble outside with such things as World War Z or The Disaster Artist fairly recently.
I'm really excited to be here and I hope we can get some good participation from the group!
Razalorg
Razalorg

Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:41 am
My name is Kody Kamunen and I'm an electrical engineer living in Minneapolis. I enjoy reading science fiction and fantasy most of all but will occasionally dabble in other genres if the mood strikes (mostly on recommendations). My other hobbies include gaming (PC, Xbox, etc. --- feel free to hit me up, Razalorg is my handle on just about everything), taking care of my pup Nala, and trying my hand at other random hobbies (bookbinding, leather working, wood working, etc.) as opportunity permits.
LadyFox13

Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:30 pm
Yo! I'm Alex(also known as LadyFox or DubiousIndividual depending on where I am online/gaming).
I don't have a degree or anything, but still love learning about shit. I'm currently working at an optical lab by day and on my Etsy business at night/on weekends. My hobbies: various creative things, making lists that don't matter to anyone but me, journaling, playing a few video games, DnD(newly introduced), and chilling with my two adorable cats who run my life.
I'm super excited to be a part of this group, hope it goes well!
bagofbones83

Introductions Empty Hey hey

Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:22 pm
My name is Emily. I am friends with Liz from high school in good old two harbors.
I work full time, do school and am a mom to a 6 year old and 3 lizards.
I like reading, watching horror movies, listening to brodway music, and electric swing. I also love working out.
Jessa

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:43 pm
Hey there! I'm Jessa. I was friends with Liz in high school but now I live in International Falls. I'm a full time 7-12 English teacher with an Etsy shop and a book blog. I have a wonderful dog, cat, and betta fish. I spend a lot of time in the cities because my guy and I are currently doing the long distance thing.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum